UK Job Openings for Doctors & Nurses
Current Vacancies in the following sectors
International Applicants – Your Guide to Working in UK
UK Job Openings for Doctors & Nurses – Payscale
Summary of Application Stages
Payment of Application fee (non-refundable). Candidate must then proceed to take and pass ELTS or OET exams.
Take the CBT Test
The applicant will be asked by the NMC to sit the CBT (test of theoretical practice-based knowledge) which can be taken at a number of centres around the world.
The applicant is required to submit a number of documents online after they have passed the CBT.
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Formal qualification certificates
- Registration certificates for each country (or state if registration is done at that level) where the nurse has practiced or registered
- A full, national police clearance certificate for every overseas country lived in or visited for more than three months since the age of 18. These must be submitted within 3 months of the date of issue
- If lived in the UK for more than 3 months, they’ll need to provide a DBS certificate submitted within 3 months of the date of issue
Complete NMC Forms
These forms are only available when the nurse reaches the assessment stage. All forms must be completed in full, signed stamped and dated and posted to the NMC.
- Download NMC forms for each country (or state) where they have practiced or where previously registered. They need to be filled in by the relevant authority and sent to the NMC within 3 months of the date signed
- Complete an NMC form to accompany transcript of training.
- A good health declaration from GP or occupational health department at place of work. Must have seen the nurse within the last 6 months and dated within the last 3 months. CAN NOT be a member of family or direct employer.
Once ALL the documents have been received the application will be assessed by the international registration team.
Clinical Exam (OSCE)
Take the clinical exam (OSCE) in the UK at one of three centres (one in Ulster) . Results take up to 5 days. Will need to bring the original documents previously uploaded as part of an ID check. If forgotten they sit the test but then book a follow-up meeting in London or OSCE location.
Interview & Sponsorship Letter Issuance
After your interview, the employer will issue a Sponsorship Letter.
Final registration online. On receipt you’ll be sent a PIN.
Visa stamping at Embassy
Apply three months before you are due to start working.
Mobilize to the UK